Certified Technicians Trained in All Areas of Garage Door Maintenance
All garage doors rely on heavy-duty springs to operate. Most garage door manufacturers use torsion springs to perform the heavy lifting. Precision Door Service of Orange County stocks quality torsion springs and our technicians are trained to evaluate and fix your broken garage door springs.
Precision Door Service of Orange County can perform a 25-point garage door safety inspection to ensure that your door continues to operate safely and efficiently for years to come. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
What Does Garage Door Maintenance Include?
Our top-notch garage door inspection program covers the basics of your garage door’s operation and more. Regular service ensures that all components of the door, including the hinges, tracks, springs, and even components such as the garage door opener, are in good working condition. We also check the panels, which act as the glue that holds the garage door together. Through regular maintenance, we can make sure that all the garage door parts are working well and do not pose a safety hazard.
Your garage door is the largest moving object in your home and has the potential to injure family members or damage property if improperly installed or maintained. It is important to regularly inspect your garage door and perform routine maintenance in order to prevent larger repair costs down the road. Precision Door Service of Orange County recommends the following garage door maintenance steps:
- Visual Inspection: Inspect the garage door springs, cables, rollers, pulleys, and other working parts for signs of wear. Do not attempt to repair or adjust moving parts yourself! Call one of our trained professionals for a free estimate.
- Lubrication: Use a silicone based spray to lubricate moving parts in your garage door. Be sure to consult your owner’s manual for the manufacturer’s recommendations on lubrication.
- Door Balance: Periodically test the balance of your garage door. To do so, begin with the garage door closed. If you have a garage door opener, use the release mechanism so you can operate the door by hand. If the door is properly balanced, you should be able to lift it smoothly and with little resistance. If the door does not raise smoothly, it may be out of balance. Call one of our trained technicians to have it adjusted.
If you discover a problem while performing routine maintenance on your garage door, contact Precision Door Service of Orange County. Our certified technicians are trained in all areas of garage door repair and replacement garage door installation, and can help you determine the best course of action to keep your garage door in proper working order.
Perform Your Own Inspection
While a professional can spot any issues with your garage door, there are also some problems that you can detect on your own. By giving your garage door a glance periodically, you can see if there are damaged pulleys, frayed cables, and worn seals. If the garage door opens or closes faster or more slowly than usual, or if it does not sound quite right, it’s time to call in the professionals. To perform a simple inspection:
- Make sure the door is closed first.
- Pull down on the emergency release cord.
- Lift the door open halfway and release. The door should not go anywhere during the test.
What are Safety Sensors?
Safety sensors are features on modern doors that help prevent accidents. They are also required by law on every garage door as of 1993. Safety sensors use an infrared light beam to detect motion. If something interferes with the light beam, they should stop the door from moving. It’s essential to ensure the sensors are working correctly to avoid tragic mishaps.
Safe garage door installation and maintenance is what we are all about. If you have questions about your garage door’s safety or you want an inspection to make sure everything is working properly, contact us at your earliest convenience for assistance.