Huntington Beach Garage Door Repair Tips
Huntington beach garage door repair has served thousands of customers since 2002. With our help, your garage door will be a safe and reliable component of your home. Your home’s beauty and value can be enhanced with a Orange County garage door.
Check Your Opener’s Batteries
If your opener is more than a few years old, the battery is likely to be dead. When this happens, the motor will stall and be unable to move the door up or down. Even if you replace the batteries, your opener won’t work if there are other problems.
Try each of these possibilities in case that’s the issue:
• Check that all four screws securing your battery cover are tight and secure. If loose, tighten them up.
• Replace batteries with fresh ones—you may have put in used or uncharged ones to fix an issue that goes beyond dead batteries.
Close the Garage Door and Try Again
If you’re still having trouble, try closing the Precision garage door again. If your opener isn’t working, it might be because your sensor is dirty or misaligned. To fix this, wipe the sensor down with soap or water. Ensure that your door is in the correct position. Closed, with no part of the arm sticking out of the track. Consider calling an expert if you don’t know how to align it.
Clean Garage Door Tracks
If the door doesn’t open, ensure that the tracks are clear of debris. Dirt and dust can build up on Precision garage door tracks over time, preventing the proper operation of your opener. Use a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment to clean off any debris lying on top of your garage door track. If there is a more severe buildup, use a damp cloth or WD-40 to remove it before performing regular operations.
To thoroughly clean the tracks themselves (and ensure they don’t get dirty again). Take an old wire brush and run it along the entire length of each track down into its channel until no more dirt comes onto it. Dry everything using compressed air, then start up the opener again!
Replace the Garage Door Opener
If your Precision garage door opener won’t work, the first thing to do is replace it. You can do this by following these steps:
• Ensure you have an operational remote control for your Precision garage door opener. If you don’t, contact the manufacturer of your Huntington Beach garage door opener or local hardware store and buy a new one.
• Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet in your garage (if applicable).
• Remove all screws from the wall brackets holding your garage door opener. Lift up on the garage door opener, remove it from its frame, and then place it on a flat surface.
• Open your new garage door opener box. Remove all contents inside of it, including any tools provided by the manufacturer and any extra parts. Or supplies needed for installation purposes (such as screws or brackets).
• Attach existing cables from the old motor unit onto the new motor unit using cable clips supplied by the manufacturer. Attach new cable clips onto existing lines. Coming out from the wall bracket using the given screwdriver/drill bit set if necessary
Check the Power Source to Ensure It’s Working
Check that the power source is working. If it’s not, you’ll need to contact an Orange County garage door electrician. If you’re using a battery-powered remote control, make sure it has fresh batteries. Ensure your wall-mounted pushbutton or keypad is plugged in and working.
Your garage door opener may need to be replaced if any of these items are causing problems.
Unplug and Re-Plug the Opener
Before calling for service, try unplugging and re-plugging the opener. The plug or outlet should not be damaged, and all wires connected. Check the circuit breaker for your garage door opener if you have recently moved into a new home.
Try adjusting your torsion springs if they aren’t balanced or have broken. For assistance in case of difficulties, call our team for help.
Ensure the Fuse Box or Circuit Breaker Is Not Tripped
Check the fuse box or circuit breaker if your Precision garage door opener isn’t working in Huntington Beach. Reset it if it’s not working. You can do this by pressing the reset button on the back of your garage door opener.
Check the Antenna Motor
Check the antenna on the motor. If it’s broken or not connected, it can cause your remote to stop working. If you’ve tried everything and still can’t get your garage door opener to work. Our experts can help you with your Orange County garage door.
Locate the Disconnect Cord
You can check a few things before calling a maintenance company if your garage door opener does not work.
The issue is likely with the remote control or the power source if it’s not working. Here are some steps we will take if you don’t know where to start:
• Locate the disconnect cord. It should be located on the side of your garage door opener. It allows you to disconnect power from your garage door opener in an emergency.
• Check all wires and connections. The cables connecting to your garage door opener may have disconnected during installation. Or maintenance, so it’s a good idea to check them out before assuming anything else is wrong.
If you have a remote control for your garage door, ensure it’s working by pressing the buttons and seeing if anything happens. If you press a button and nothing happens, the remote may be broken.
If neither of those things solved the problem, call us at the orange county garage door. We’ll send one of our experts as soon as possible to diagnose and repair your garage door opener.
Consult a Pro at Huntington Beach Garage Door Repair
At Precision Door of Orange County, we use all modern tools and equipment to diagnose and fix any issue with your garage door opener. Our technicians check and replace loose parts, broken springs, or cables. Using the latest diagnostic software, we pinpoint what is wrong with your garage door opener and fix it.
If you need a repair for your Orange County garage door, we can help. A Huntington Beach garage door repair helps you deal with any problems affecting your door system. We are confident that we can resolve any issues without further damage to your door garage. For more information, contact us today!